Do you think that if you dont go to church you will go to hell?

im in the military in hawaii and they really dont have any churches with my denomination and i dont want to go to a church that doesnt believe what i believe am i going to hell?

nicolia

Asked by nicolia at 11:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No,I don't believe that. The church is in your heart.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I always thought that the only thing you really had to do was to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Nothing else matters all that much, does it? Most things like going to church, etc. are just superficial things, it's what's in your heart that matters most.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No church is just a nice place, meet friends, talk about what youve learned, but has nothing NOTHING to do with going to hell or not!!!
    Anonymous

• Nope.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 11:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I don't believe that at all.... I mean just because some ppl go to church doesn't mean they won't go to hell
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 11:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No, I like to think God is more interested in the way that you live your life and the faith you have in Him, than whether or not you are going into a church.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• That would be silly. Even if I did believe in Hell with 2 l's, there weren't always churches to go to.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No. God understands our troubles and circumstances, and honestly church attendance does not equal salvation for Christians.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• For Catholics it's a serious matter and one for which you must go to confession before being able to participate in the Eucharist.  I believe the same is true for Orthodox too.

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011