What do you think is wrong with my stomach?

It all started 4 weeks ago I started getting this weird spasm,pulsating pain in my stomach like to the left of my belly button and kinda down a little bit. The pain hasn't moved to a different area has stayed in the same area and it comes and goes, it's not really painful but it is uncomfortable. I went to my doctor 2 weeks ago and they thought I may have an ulcer so she treated me as if I had one and said I should see a gastro doctor. I havent gone yet but I'm almost done with my meds and I'm still having that pain. I'm beginning to think it may be a hernia. What do you think it could be? I'm going to make an appointment but I just wanted to know if anybody knew what it could be?

bellaambru90

Asked by bellaambru90 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Health

• Women r prone to hiatal hernias which r located in the middles r under the sernum. Guys get the hernias in the area u r describing. U need to see a gastro doc. asap. He/she will want to do a colonoscopy upper and lower. It does not hurt. They give u a sedative that will make u sleep. It is done at a hospital and on a out patient basis. U will need someone to drive u and take u home. Any other questions,u can message me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Honestly, it doesn't sound like an ulcer either, though. I've had an ulcer before, and the pain associated with ulcers is definitely PAIN....not just uncomfortability. It's almost a hot, sharp kind of pain. I agree with dancer. You should see a gastroenterologist as soon as you can and see what can be found out. Good luck!
    FuzzySlippers6

Answer by FuzzySlippers6 at 3:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I HAD THIS TOO!! I have a hiatal hernia. Prednisone helped my stomach spasms stop. You probably need to see a gastrologist and get a upper endoscopy done so they can rule out ulcer or hernia. Good luck.
    LAKirby7

Answer by LAKirby7 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011