We have offically reached a new level of desperation when it comes to nighttime diapers

My boys have a problem with leaky diapers at night. Lots of kids use paci's for comfort. for my boys its always been bottles, because they've never used paci's they just dont like them. (i've tried!)
so theyre pretty attatched to their sippy cups and bottles, which we only do water in the bottles now. I try to regulate the water they have in th eevenings. some evenings are better than others. this evening hasnt been the best.

I have actually put a resuable diaper cover OVER pampers over night diaper. lol I'm so sick of leaky diapers!

whats your favorite brand of night time diapers

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:03 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When I was just out of high school I worked in a nursing home and we used pads inside the diapers to prevent leaks when we were going on an outing or something where it would be especially embarrassing if there was a leak.

Maybe you could try folding up a cloth diaper and using it to line the regular diaper? That might pull more of the moisture away, but it would add to your laundry. Egh.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i use luvs on my son and they work great for us...my son drinks a lot of liquids before bed and his diaper is usually FULL! His grandparents come over everday and bring there tea or whatever they are drinking in and my son usually guzzles it down. I used to by parent choice absolutely loved those diapers! but my son can still fit in a size 4 of luvs and has to wear a 5 in parent choice so i switcheed him over but either one works great in my opinion. Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We usually use cloth diapers and since she turned about 25 months old she stays dry all night, anyway, even if she has nighttime drinks. My son was even earlier. He stayed dry all night from about 3 months! Sorry, not much help hey, but I do hope your little man grows out of it soon. Must be very frustrating!! :/
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My 3 year old is potty trained during the day, but, at night still needs something for the night. So now, I use Pull-ups. My younger son, I use Huggies or Costco brand diapers.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• my 17 mont old son wears nothing but huggies his poor skin is allergic to everything but he never pees thru
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We switched to cloth when we were having this problem. then we could add more inserts to increase absorbency. Our fav was the bumgenius all in one with 2 extra hemp inserts. Never leaked (so that might have been more absorbency than we needed, but who cares?) Now she's potty trained but I put her in fleece pjs because if she pees a little, it'll repell the moisture and at least keep the bed dry. Won't work for HUGE leaks so that won't help if your son is waking up in a pool but will work if there are a few droplets on the bed.
    poppys_mommy

Answer by poppys_mommy at 2:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have definitely considered it!!! I might try it if this doesn't help lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• leann- i was using parents choice but since they have changed their diapers so many times lately, they aren't as good as they used to. at least in my opinion. and they wear luvs during the day but ive tried both huggies and pampers night time diapers and UGH I wish I coudl get them off their bottles in the evenings. I think I need to buckle down more :P
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• we use Huggies pull-ups and have always used Huggies brand diapers since the boys were born they seemed to work the best for us. We tried Pampers and they did leak for some reason so that is why we tried Huggies and liked them and stayed with them. You may want to stop the liquids an hour before bedtime that is what we had to do with my oldest and it worked
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't like the Pampers night time diapers... I found they leak really bad.
    We used Huggies Night time diapers in a size up and found they worked pretty well...
    They also make soakers... I've seen them at places like babies r us... they are pads that soak up more.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011