As if she didn't already lie enough....

My future sister and I do not have the best relationship - I mean it isnt as if we argue or anything like that , but I do try to avoid her as much as I can.... I wasnt always like this in fact I use to pray for a sister relationship with her, but after time she has lied about so many things ( the kind of lies that she tells to try and make herself seem more important) ...

Anyways we have a mutal friend ... it is her "best" friend ... and I am just a casual friend ( meaning we talk on facebook or in person if we run into each other but we dont purposly hang out) .... The friend is pregnant and SIL offered to do the whole shower for her.... a few days after that she started complaning that she was overwhelmed and asked me to help... so for the last few weeks ** I ** have been doing everything for the shower ... I set up everything, bought everything ( plus a gift ) , and SIL hasnt done anything besides telling everyone about everything she was doing.

So today was the shower... SIL was going to pick me up because my husband took the kids to the park in my car ( and I cant drive his truck ) .... 15 mintues before it is time to go, she fianlly texts me back ( I texted her hours before ) saying she cant find her car keys and she thinks she left them at a restraunt the other day ( which #1 .. how would she have gotten home, and #2 why is she just now looking for them ) .... So i said that I can have my aunt pick me up and we will come get her... she said " I cant do anything until i find those keys" and was literally mad that I had the nerve to assume she would still go when she was having this "problem".

I was just so stinkin mad ... she didnt do a thing - didnt even go and this is her best friend ...and not only that but by the time I got there she had already texted everyone to tell them she was so sick she couldnt get out of bed... but of course she was well enough to go shopping this evening... GGGGGRRRRRRR

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• grrrrrrrrrrrrr indeed.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• She's very immature. Let it go, hon. Anger and resentment are making you mad, but it's not your problem, it's hers. Just let it go. You don't need that kind of stress and drama. Her problem. Make it hers and hers alone. I totally understand your reaction, but she is the one who has done the wrong thing. Your anger is spoiling it for you. Don't let it. Give the problem to her and let her keep it. Turn the other cheek and just shake your head.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• WOW!!! well your SIL is a very crazy person and if she is that way i would not have anything to do with her cuz one think i hate more then anything is lies...and i hate anyone lying to me cuz i don't care how bad it is i tell the truth i have no need to lie and if someone does not like me for who i am then ohhh well too bad....SORRY MAMA!!! just keep your distance last thing you want is for her to think its ok or have everyone keep condoning it and then doing it to your kids....
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Wow. She certainly has a few issues, doesn't she? So she realized that she didn't lift a finger on this shower but apparently didn't want to face the music so she made a lame excuse and stayed home. She must have hoped if she couldn't pick you up that you might stay home too. I think she has a problem and appears to be awfully self centered. I think you have good reason to avoid her and I certainly would have a plan B when she is involved in anything in the future!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• wow!!!! What a bitch!!!! sorry!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Grrrrrrrr indeed, what kind of a friend is she. It is nice that you gave the girl a shower, even though you are not her best friend.:)
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 4:13 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I owuld have told her friend what was going on and what all you did. I would have showed the reciepts if the friend didnt believe you and ask her to go and check on you future sister. The time will come whenever your sister will get a dose of her own medicine because if she did this to you and her best friend thats worng. I hope your friend learns how disrepectful your future sister is and how she lies.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2011