Has anyone seen this article about unpasterized milk?

Just wanted to get your thoughts on it all....I think the government is going overboard...

http://www.theagoranational.ca/index.php/content/health/item/53-fda-says-you-have-no-right-to-real-food-unless-they-give-you-permission-first

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Agreed! Yet they ok all kinds of poisens in our foods just messed up
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm not sure where they are trying to go with that.......
    However, unpasteurized milk is very unsafe after a certain time limit. This is a matter of people following a mass "natural food" BS that has been sweeping the nation. Just cause it is natural don't mean it's good. If people knew and studied up on this, this wouldn't even be a story.......
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had not seen it but I did read the article and skimmed the referring article and even googled. "raw milk". I have to admit I was one of those who thought milk was pasteurized for our safety and that was that. The articles are interesting to say the least. I'm still on the fence but the FDA is typically a my way or the highway group and this is just more of their bull.
    Milk Facts
    · Raw milk is sold in grocery stores in 24 states.
    · Starbucks uses milk that is rBGH free.
    · People have been drinking milk since 6,000-8,000 B.C.
    · Australia, Japan, New Zealand and Canada stopped buying and selling milk from cows injected with rBGH because of mastitis problems.
    · Famous physician Sir William Osler called raw milk "white blood" because of its health benefits.
    · Virologist Albert Sabin created his oral vaccine for polio from cow colostrum since it contains many powerful antibodies.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• This is 'why' I grow/raise my own food. This is 'why' I have my little farm. This is 'why' I plant all heirlooms.

The fda has my permission to bend over, pucker up, and pick a cheek (they must choose because they aren't allowed to kiss both sides).

I use my milk raw. When you raise healthy animals, don't drug them or pump them full of poison (wormers and such), they produce healthy, safe milk (and meat). Pasteurizing milk changes it a bit, but homogenizing milk actually changes the amino and fat ratios to something that is no longer milk ~ to something that no longer 'does a body good'. The same applies to meat animals pumped full of growth hormones, medications, and fed gunk.

The fda is a crock, and they want to feed us gmo goo. The advent of factory farms meshes with the upswing of heart disease and cancer. Coinkidink? I think not. Real, whole food is healthy, processed food is not ~ so why is the fda pushing it?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yet another reason I don't trust or like our government.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011