Do you know how much a....

wedding planner makes?

as some of you know i work for cps im a children and family social worker
and i love my job alot but i was thinking about signing up for this wedding planning school at pen fosters just because i really enjoy planning things,keeping things in order,and being in charge this is something i wanted to be since middle school & i also want to open my own hair and nail shop but that's a whole different story but does any one how much a wedding planner makes a year?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 1:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think it depends on how many wedding you do and how big the wedding you do are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I guess it depends on where you live also. Maybe you can google it.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• As a business owner I have witnessed more and more people cutting costs and tightening purse strings these days. It is not easy running a business right now.

However, if this is something you have a real talent and passion for, then you definitely have a good chance to succeed.

This website has some good information. Interesting to me is that the planners are not taking % anymore, but hourly fees and offering packages instead.

http://www.costhelper.com/cost/wedding/wedding-planner.html

You could attend a wedding expo and shop around at the planner booths to get an idea what is being offered in your area. Or just make some phone calls to various planners in your area to find out what they are charging and what services they are specifically offering for their fees. Just some ideas. Sounds fun! Good Luck!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you have a desire to become a wedding planner, you should take this opportunity to learn all about it. All your questions will be answered during this course.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011