How do you handle nightmares?

When your kids have bad dreams, you you send them back to bed? Let them crawl under the covers with you? How do you handle it? I know age is a factor.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• When my five year old has nightmares I run into her room as soon as I hear her cry out and by the time I give her a hug and a kiss and ask her what happened she is falling asleep. Same thing happens with my two year old. But if they ever have a really bad nightmare that scares them enough I will be more than happy to invite them to sleep in my bed if they want.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If they want to sleep with me they can I know how hard it is to go back to sleep after a bad dream so I am pretty nice about it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would ask my child what was the nightmare about and have him/her express the nightmare. Then I would let him/her sleep with me, and in the AM I would look up what the nightmare meant on a dream analyzer, and help him or her address the issue of the nightmare.
    Lynnda

Answer by Lynnda at 6:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I try to communicate with my kids and when it is fully explain-i had to pray with him.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 4:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2011