So, if the right aren't anti consumer, anti average Joe, then why are they attacking Elizabeth Warren ?

Every word that comes out of the conservative members of our legislative branch is anti consumer. No protections, no repercussions for bad men.

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 1:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The plain truth is that the right- wing are against the appointment of regulators who are not drawn from the industries they are supposed to be regulating . Their ideology is to have the regulators rendered ineffective by selecting the industry nominated people so that there will be , in effect, little or no regulation .. The classic case is banking and finance , where lack of regulation due to deregulation and the industry's henchmen in the Bush administration contributed to the economic collapse of 2007/8 . The people who could have done the job properly were persona non grata to Bush's buddies on Wall Street and in companies such as Enron and Tyco.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• So if, as rumored, Obama appoints Jamie Gorelick (she of the pre 9/11 security failure, involved in Fannie Mae during the housing bubble, etc.) as head of the FBI is the OP going to ROCK us with a post about how our opposition means we hate law enforcement!??!

Incompetence is incompetence...period.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm not a fan of Warren. Elizabeth Warren was appointed to oversee the financial mgt. of TARP.. Yet she admitted under oath she and other on the oversight committee had no idea The TARP Bailout was aiding foreign firms/banks. FAIL .. She is PART of the bureaucratic problem.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Seriously, why are you guys so nasty all the time?

Pointing out hyperbole or exaggerations, asking questions, pointing out additional facts, noting a lack of sources, stating the obvious and disagreeing with you are not "being nasty". If you want straight answers to questions, ask straight questions that aren't laden with bullshit.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Herplans will cripple the industry as well as the economy. She creates a lawyers boon. But what would you expect from the party of lawyers. Not to mention her job is highly politicized. She is an ideologue who has her belief system rooted in the failed keynesian economic model and oversaw the failures of tarp.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had to look her up because though the name sounds familiar I think you are a tad off when you imply in your title the right (guess that means all of the right?) should know and love her and what she wants to do /happen at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Most people on the right or the left don't even know who she is.. The least you could do is make the question a valid one by framing it correctly. Obviously all of the right isn't talking one way or the other and I haven't noticed the legislature raking her over the coals either.
    She could possibly permanently head just one more of Obamas wasteful watchdog groups and what she is doing has nothing to do with favoring consumers or the average Joe. Her work won't cut the deficit or create jobs. What the Republicans are doing, forcing the Dems to make a budget they cowered from, tackling entitlements, a huge debt and cutting wasteful spending are what will work
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I am a consumer and an average-Jane
    I am also a Republican and I really do not see how they are against me- can you tell me specifically what you think is anti-average Joe or anti-consumer? Then we can go from there in the debate-

soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, still unsympathetic. As I hear my Average Joe neighbor drive his gasoline powered ATV up to his mailbox, out to his shed, up onto his trailer to ride it in the pristine forest (or what was a pristine forest)

You are being very myopic- totally ignoring the reality of regulation and its costs- you neighbor is far from the Average Joe with those possessions
    are some regulations good- of course- have we hit a tipping point in some areas- definatley-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Posting then signing off at the same time? Hmmmmmm....me thinks someone wasn't prepared to hear an "anti-status quo" response!!

Way to go grly!!

LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• ANyway, the anons and the "cabal" are sad little people with nothing better to do with their lives than insult and cause trouble. SO, I won't be back.....

You keep saying that, and yet you keep coming back. What's funny is a lot of the reason OP got attitude when she first joined is because some people thought she was you (funny, since she's at least able to form complete sentences far beyond your ability), and even as she protested that she wasn't, she didn't understand why people would care. Now that you're back, you've even attacked the OP in other posts (probably because you were so verklempt you forgot to check whose team people were on before you started bitching at them) For someone so obsessed with being "above it all" why do you go out of your way to alienate people in every section?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:56 AM on Apr. 4, 2011