How can I comfort him?

My dh recently found out his ds who lives with his mom (17 yrs. old) got a '95 truck well his mom and new bf from 1 yr. got this for him. I know my dh is feeling uneasy about it bc he had planned on getting a vehicle for his son but now he won't be able to he can only help him in the maintenance department or gas money or insurance. My dh is ok with it but I can tell and feel how he is feeling I guess he feels bad bc he wanted to get him the vehicle not another man that the mother only known 1 yr.

How can I help my dh to just let it go and go from here and deal with whatever in the future?
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• :/ That's hard hey. Maybe there's something else he can get his son that would be meaningful? IDK, a car is a pretty big thing. Sorry. Situation sucks.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• He needs to know that a car doesn't mean as much to a boy as time with his father. Nothing is better than spending time with him, bonding with him, and doing things with him. Nobody can replace him as a father. He needs to let his son know that it's cool he got a truck, and then move forward and plan things with him.
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 7:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Tell your husband that since it is a 1995 truck, it will need service. If he is a "handy" guy, he can teach his son how to change the oil, etc. on the vehicle.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• A kid's first car can be really important. But it is almost a guarantee that car will get wrecked. Have your hubby spend the money to buy the kid a defensive driving course. There is also the possibility of a motorcycle, along with driving course is Way more gas effective and cool for a teen. Your hubby also could do the first gun, first knife, first hunting trip, vacation to Bahama, first go get drunk together. The possibilities are endless. So the step monsters got a car, love and attention can far outweigh the car. Your hubby could also do some serious upgrades in the car like GPS, Awesome Music, Satellite Radio, the sky is the limits!
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 2:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011