Should I dump him?

Ok well here goes, I have been in a relationship with my BF for 4 years now. No kids from him, but doing those 4 years it wasn't easy because for one, I have found text messages that he has sent other women, and also on his facebook, which he didn't add me on to, has a woman telling him "It's south by time and you're not here. Just sayin...Guess I'll see you in August." I confronted him and he told me that she was a friend, but when I asked him again, he said she was a friend of the family. Then I notice how he hasn't asked me to marry him yet. We've talked about marriage but he just says 'not yet'.
So anyway, I meet this guy and he gives me his number. I decided to call him and we've only been on a couple of dates, but we talk constantly. I feel as though me moving on with someone else may be better because my 4 year relationship is not going anywhere. Should I dump my BF and start a new relationship with this guy that I am talking to? I'm a little scared on what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• ur scared and u already went out on date with someoen behind his back?....girl just call it quits and play the field. Bam!
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 2:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would move on to the next guy only bc the first guy is keeping you dangling as if he is waiting for something better than you so if things don't work out with who he has he will always have you...don't be dumb check out what else is out there he is not the only one. GL
    You will forget him quick once you have someone else... Oh and guess what the first guy will be asking you to get married once you dump him...lol Don't you be a fool and get married just bc of the 4 yrs.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you're already dating someone else you need to stop dangling this relationship to no where and dump the guy you're not happy with. You're not even married so what is the point of prolonging the bullshit?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you're already dating/seeing someone else then your other relationship isn't worth keeping. You've already "cheated" and you need to just break your chain with him and move on. Besides, if you were REALLY in love, and REALLY into your boyfriend, you wouldn't have called this other guy, right?

When you're in love, you'll know, and this boyfriend you have now just doesn't seem worth the wait...

Also, you can't push marriage on anyone. Especially men! Settling down for them isn't easy, so it doesn't surprise me that he hasn't asked... He's not ready for the commitment or to settle down.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well, I think that you've answered your own question by saying that you have went on multiple dates with another man. End the relationship before you both are hurt even more.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 3:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ??????

GET RID OF HIM !!!!!!

He is no good, honey ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Whether you have noticed it or not you have already started to move on, what is there to be scared of, when you r bf has been with you for four years and he is now texting other women, it is time to move on with this other guy that you seem to have so much in common with. Good Luck :)
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yap, you can dump him up..he's not faithful to you. You have your option let him go in yur life so that
    the cross that you carry is not a burden.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 4:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would dump him and move on if you feel as though your relationship isnt going anywhere. I wouldnt be scared but it may make your bf realize what he gave up on. But if its gonna make you happy take the advantage and dump him. Date a guy that is gonna treat you like you matter. I hope you figure out what you want and not what he wants...good luck..
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You may want to end the relationship because it sounds like you clearly don't trust him! But going from one relationship to another isn't good either. You need to live by yourself and get your head cleared before jumping into another relationship. If you don't, you may end up choosing the same kind of guy over and over!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011