Where do you store your baby food??

I have so much baby food, I don't know where to put it all. My cabinets are full two shelves in the one and a double shelve in the another one. I lost my job so we've been getting wic which gives us like 95 jars a month which is AWESOME, but dd isn't interested in the food yet so it's building up month after month. I don't not want to get it so we have it when she starts eating it. Plus I always get coupons for it and that add to it. Whats a good place to keep it thats not in my cabinets but still organized plus bunch of boxes of cereal? I figure whatever she doesn't eat I can give to the food bank after the baby food stage. *no bashing*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• wow all the answers given here are useless. I had the same question as you. I also have wic and have a lot of baby food and when its BOGO i stock up. I am running out of room too bacause i am limited space as it is.
    For all the people who asked about the expiration dates: HELLO!!!! the stuff is good for like 2 years! If she buys it now it prolly doesent expire till 2013. plenty of time for her baby to eat it and donate the rest or give to a friend having a baby cuz it will still be good for a while after her baby is done.And for the people who said the baby will be eating regular foor soon...umm that kinda all depends on the baby and the parent...some babies dont get their teeth as early and like the baby food....thats kinda why the made it in the first place otherwise they would just stick to formula I know my son goes through his jars every couple days so its good to stock up. Thanks all for not answering the question!
    lilcowgirl0529

Answer by lilcowgirl0529 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Have you bothered checking the expiration dates on this stuff? My daughter was only on baby food a total of four months, between all three stages, and some of it had started to expire before I could even go through my cabinet and give it away. I needed all the room in my cabinets that I could get so as soon as she was well on table foods, by 9 months, the baby food was history.

Jarred baby food doesn't last as long as you think it would.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yes I always check the dates I make sure to use the oldest first. and shes only getting teeth now going on 8 months so it will be awhile before I can give her table food.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Eh, not really. I know plenty of 9 and 10 month olds that are exclusively table food fed (no baby food).

Our DD didn't cut her first teeth until she was 7 1/2, but there's plenty of food you can give baby that's table food. Our DD also absolutely hated baby food, so that was even more motivation to get her to table food which she took to immediately. That's really all baby food is anyway, just mashed up adult food. They eat so little at this age too that you can't even notice an increase in your meal planning.

But hey, to each their own. =) GL!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My daughter only had 2 teeth at 1 year and she was on table food at 6 months. She didn't like baby food so we went to table food after we tried them all to make sure she wasn't allergic. Your daughter may not be interested because she wants table food.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011