Hmmm... Lingerie?

My husband & I own/operate a store in a really small town where there are very few stores nearby. We sell clothing & do DVD rentals, but the clothing doesn't really sell. I'm thinking of adding a lingerie section... sexy loungewear & lacy things. What are some thoughts on this?

mrsvedaj

Asked by mrsvedaj at 3:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think it is a good idea. Hey, why not right?
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 3:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i think it would be a great idea
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• In a really small town like Mayberry RFD? As someone who grew up in a small town, you may shock some old ladies into an early grave. Also, I don't think people will be bringing their kids into your shop to rent DVD's.
    I think it's a great idea, but many people in small towns are rather "backwoods." However, if you have a little back room for the "lacy" stuff, I'd say go for it!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 4:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think you'd be better off with crafts or toys. Like in the kids section put up a rack of toys and candy, in the action section, maybe some t-shirts and cool action things, in comedy maybe some funny gag gifts, and in a seperate part of the store put in some lsexy stuff with the adult movies.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2008