Did anyone not want to find out the sex of their baby? Was it hard to wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I didn't want to. Unfortunately the ultrasound tech blurted it out lol. I was 32 weeks pregnant when we found out. I almost made it, as she was born 6 weeks later! =(
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My husband wanted to wait and be surprised with our 2nd child, I did not..I have no patience plus we already had a girl and we both wanted a boy. We got a boy two months ago and after having him I think I would have chosen to wait in the first place. We will be waiting until the birth day when we get pregnant again.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We waited by choice with all 5 of our kids. It wasn't hard for us. It was exciting to find out at the birth. We ended up with 3 girls and 2 boys (g, b, g, g, b).

The tech with #4 looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said I didn't want to know the sex. I guess not many people choose that any more. She kept asking me if I was sure and wanted to write it on a paper in case I changed my mind, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, if you can afford to have a ultra sound why wait for longer time...
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 4:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• When I had my four, ultra sound was not done as a regular thing. So not as much of a choice. And I don't think they were as good. But I would not have wanted to know....To me then the birth is almost anti-climatic as you know whats coming. But I do see the value in knowing...what color to paint, what to buy to be better prepared (but then everything would be pink or blue, no soft greens and yellows!). I like surprises!!!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:03 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I didn't find out with my first. It was extremely hard to wait! And after I got home I immediately wanted to go shopping and buy lots of blue.

Answer by missanc at 8:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My husband and I waited it was not so hard. It was fun trying to agree on a boy and a girl name.
    Jaxs23

Answer by Jaxs23 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We didn't find out with any of our three. It wasnt' hard for me...it kind of made it fun trying to figure it out myself. I loved the excitement of the announcement in the delivery room! They are great moments we will never forget!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2011