Household Cleaning/Laundry/Dishes

My DH and I both work full time 1st shift. We recently started going back to church, we haven't been to church in about a month though. My DH thinks that all he should have to do is work and I should do whatever it is that makes him happy. He thinks I should clean, cook, do dishes, laundry, rub his feet, or whatever it is that he wants. I'm 5 months pregnant and it's too much for me. I work until 5 and by the time I get home I don't want to do that all, I just want to sit and relax. I try to clean on Saturdays because that's usually the day I get left at home. He also thinks I should be the one to make arrangments to have his car fixed, get plates renewed (for him), and all that sort of stuff. He can't even help me out by taking care of his trash, dirty dishes, or clothes. I think he's asking to much but I made a deal with him. He's not holding up to his part. Any suggestions ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• Kick him in the ass before that baby comes!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• how DARE he! you are making life inside of you. He should be kissing your butt, rubbing your feet, and at the LEAST! split the chores with you. I wouldnt stand for that. Kick him to the curb.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Sounds like it's time for you to go on strike.
    Anonymous

• If you are both working, then you should both be sharing the chores. If he is doing car maintenance or yard care, then this counts as part of his share, of course. The car arrangements etc should not be yours to take care of unless you want it to be in your share. I can understand that both of you can't come home and do nothing, someone has to cook, shop, clean. Perhaps one could cook and the other clean. Shop together. etc.

Answer by Bmat at 4:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Your husband needs to get it through his head now that you are not there to be his slave. I would stop doing everything for him and only take care of yourself. He will learn soon enough when he has to cook his own food and wash his own clothes.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• you seriously need to get this sorted out ,b/c as the months go on you are going to get tiredier and will need to put your feet up , I would sit down and talk to him ,and explaine you are not the only one living in the house and that both of you are working hard to make a happy home for your family ,and go from there .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You need to ask for his help. I swear sometimes the men just can't see it! They are oblivious to what needs to be done, and they are oblivious to the fact that we are about to punch them for it! lol
    Seriously though... sit him down, when you aren't mad, and tell him that all of this is too much for you. Ask him what things he could help you out with. If you phrase it that way, he will be less defensive.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If you don't get him in line NOW, just think what it will be like when baby arrives!! Make a list of everything that needs doing around the house and how many hours each chore takes. show it to him in black and white...and if that doesn't work, send him a bill for everything extra you do!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 4:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My dd quit doing her bf's laundry and dishes. She only cleans her's and the kids'. He finally got the picture and got up off his behind and helped.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You are going to have to just start resting. You will have to tell him that you are not a maid, short order cook or erran running girl. Then after you tell him you will have to just quit doing these things for him. Men they have to be made believers by physical proof. You are working full time & carrying a baby. Enough said. Make a poster board chart for the housework & hang it on the wall. If he does not do his list, it does not get done. Sounds severe I know, but just like someone else said take care of it NOW before you are further a long & the baby gets here. He isn't a child & it is okay for you to rest all night if you need to after working all day. Your body is working over-time 24/7 right now + some.

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2008