I hate the violent movies dh lets our son watch!!

He watches old 80's cartoons like Thunder Cats, He-man, Ghost busters..
He says it is better than the crap now. I agree but I don't like either.
My son is 15.

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 3:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• cartoons arent movies, what movies does he watch that are so bad? Ghostbusters rocks, so does thundercats. My sons 12 & LOVES horror movies.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ok I wasnt big into to those cartoons but hubs was and lets son watch them-he is younger than teen-but our 13dd watches them with them and I dont see the issue.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 7:13 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• the news is worse than that...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• 80s cartoons....the ones you just described are silly, not violent!

As for the movies, you don't say which movies he lets him watch. He's 15 years old and probably has video games that are more violent.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• He's 15 and you have an issue with him watching Thundercats??? And other cartoons?
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I agree adults should be the only ones rated to watch violence Our kids see enough
    dare1

Answer by dare1 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• OK, I get it. The older cartoons have stuff like...real evil characters. Where as shows now like Pokemon have nothing really bad. Problem is that the older shows had a lot of lessons incorporated in them that the present shows have. If you think those shows were violent, you have a good grasp. But, shows now have kids hiding and lying to their parents to do bad things. Shows back then had someone lie only if and when they had to. 80's shows also gave a person a sense of strength but they were very anti-bully. The bad guys were bad guys and good guys were the good guys. Either way the good or bad groups had to work together, this teaches teamwork. Don't worry about your 15 yr old watching violence. The truth is that violence is something they will encounter no matter what. If they are to sheltered, all it could lead to is your 15 yr old being completely unprepared to deal with life and people who are good and bad. Don't worry!
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 1:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• For movies all he can watch is movies like where the red fern grows. He watched Jennifers body at a friends house and I was livid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Obvious Troll is Obvious...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• you are too good grrrrrrrrrrr
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2011