Little Biter....help!

I have a 15mo DS who is amazing most of the time in all ways, and then he bites us randomly. I'm positive it's just attention getting behavior but I have yet to find an effective way to get him to cut it out. I tried ignoring it at first, but he only bites harder when we don't react. Then I tried moving away and saying very firmly "No. That hurts Mommy" but he only smiles or laughs or tries to bite again. I'm at my wit's end here, he has sharp little teeth and I'm concerned that he will bite another child. Help me curb this quick!

ShainaMay

Asked by ShainaMay at 3:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my kids were little and they would bite I would bite back. Not hard to hurt them but hard enough for them to see how it feels. They quite biting real soon. I do love my kids. :-)
    tappy33music

Answer by tappy33music at 11:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• just stay consistent and keep telling him no not to bite that it isn't nice and that it hurts others.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't bite them back, that teaches them that adults bite too.

Just stay consistent, it's a normal stage that WILL pass.

Good luck!
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 1:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011