Need your opinion

my boys are almost 3 and 5 years old... they seem to like the powerangers.... i dont like them due to the fighting and stuff.... i dont let them watch it on TV because i dont want them to mimic the fighting... whats your opinion? am i making a big deal out of nothing?

dfwhite

Asked by dfwhite at 3:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Try to have a bonding moments with your boys and explain the negative side of the powerrangers fightings, also
    the dialogue that had used.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 3:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• A little. My mom tried to shelter me and my brothers from things like that and we kinda rebelled against it as we grew up. You can't realy protect them from what they see on television, but you can teach them how fighting is only necessary if you're in real danger. You know, like getting kidnapped or hurt by someone.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i try not to let my daughter watch violent stuff. i'm really uptight about it. even some of the language kids' cartoons use, i heard one the other day where some kids were calling the other kids "losers" and stuff like that... i just feel like it's better if they're not exposed to people being mean when they're still so little.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 4:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Boys like to fight even if you do not let them watch it on tv. And the swearing. They get it from everywhere and every body they come in contact with. You can't stop your kids from experiencing the real world.

Answer by louise2 at 6:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think it's good to limit and control what they see on tv. But boys are just made to be protectors! So they want to defend and protect and as boys they will do that by fighting. So select things that show this, good over evil, with physical fighting only being used rarely.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Maybe....boys fight...it's just like that....Just try to explain to them why they shouldnt, how they can get hurt....things like that...but keeping them from the TV probably won't make a huge difference...good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have explained to them that they arent nice... trying to keep it simple.. like guns arent nice.. powerangers arent nice because they hit and fight. and i think they understand... but when one of them sees an action figure on the TV the other child runs and tells me that the other one wants one. like they are telling on eachother. LOL kinda cute... but they dont seem to let up about it...
    dfwhite

Comment by dfwhite (original poster) at 4:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i have the same problem with language on TV...... i thought my almost 5 year old was going to swear the other day... instead he said.. "oh damage" or "oh foxes" i was like WHAT??? where do you hear this stuff... i mean its not swearing but it sounds close to it when he starts to say it...... uuuhg! cute but exausting.
    dfwhite

Comment by dfwhite (original poster) at 4:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• umm, lady power rangers are good guys, also guns can e good things, my DH uses a gun to protect this country, you and your son! You need to figure out how to tell him the good things abou this world! GUNS save lives in my community! Military do not teach our kids that guns are bad, so does your DS think my DH is a bad guy? Are the powerrangers bad when they fight the bad guy? Figure out life yoursef before ou teach a child anything! Sorry if this seemed rude, ut I HATE when people cant see the good in anything !
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i am trying to see the good in this pitucular situation.... relax, im asking about a cartoon...
    dfwhite

Comment by dfwhite (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011