Do you think what's happening in the Middle East and off the coast of Africa will eventually spread through-out the world?

It all seems like the start of a huge war. What do you think? I mean how could we, our defense, possibly get involved in all these wars? Does anyone else think it will escalate to the point where we are at another World War?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• History does tend to repeat its self. Who knows? I do know out military is spread incredibly thin fighting in so many different campaigns. I think we need to wrap it up and, if we have to, only focus on a few strategic campaigns that have a direct correlation to us. As noble as it may seem I don't believe we can police the world. Let the UN step up and take control.
    Sparklecoon

Answer by Sparklecoon at 4:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It has a real good start.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Seems to me like it is already WW3 and they just have not admitted it yet. Do notice however that only the Arab, or Muslim/Islam country's are the ones pissy with the rest of the world. I seriously doubt it will spread to the rest of the world. You dont see other people storming consulates all over the world and killing people because someone else half way around the world burned a stupid book now do ya? No you dont. Nuff said.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't see it spreading outside of the ME, although if they muck up the oil supplies, I can see outside countries butting in. Personally, I'd prefer to see the rest of the world figure out another way to power up, and buy lots of popcorn rather than get involved.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I do think it can spread if it isnt handled correctly. With oil supplies being interrupted and oil going up people will be able to afford less. People will start to get angry. Those people will demand change. When that change does not happen, they will eventually take to the streets. I can see this happening in other countries not connected to the ME at all. Hopefully it wont come to that though.

Answer by gemgem at 4:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011