Nosebleeds

I am 32 weeks pregnant and this entire pregnancy I've had a lot of nosebleeds. I've had nosebleeds before but never as many as I've has throughout this pregnancy. Sometimes I'll have several a week. It's not my blood pressure because I've checked it and my blood pressure has been good. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Is it normal? Thanks!

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 4:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Completely normal. You're getting more blood flow and it's coming outta your nose. No big deal. I had it too.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It could be partly seasonal. When the weather is colder, the furnace runs more and zap's the humidity out of the air. My oldest daughter has a problem with bloody noses every winter because of that. If you think that it could be the reason, try running a humidifier or moisturizing your nose with vasoline. GL
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Try to laid your head up in a chair, then rub it an essential/vco organic up the nose..the bleed will lessen.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 4:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had it during my 1st pregnancy several times and very little with my 3rd pregnancy. It's normal. I checked in 2 pregnancy books lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My 5 year old niece had a lot of nosebleeds during the winter, but we found out what the problem was. Her bed was right next to the small vent in her room, and heat was blowing directly on her, causing her nose to be extra dry, and that's where the nosebleeds came from. Try using a humidifier like we did, and she's now clear of nosebleeds. Hope I was helpful.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Oh yes, VERY normal, my gums bled quite a bit too! Ur fine!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm not pregnant, but I get nosebleeds when I drink too much coffee, either decaf or regular. Try cutting it out for a week to see if it helps, if you are a coffee drinker.
    shawneepaints

Answer by shawneepaints at 5:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011