Pain in upper stomach

I am 32 weeks pregnant. I have recently started getting this pain in my upper stomach, like right beneath my breasts. I don't think my baby is up that high yet so I'm not thinking that it's the baby and she is moving just fine. The pain is dull, kinda just like my stomach is sore. I don't think its anything serious or worth going to the doctor over. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this. Is it normal? Is there anything I could do to help it stop? Thanks!

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 5:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I used to get that a lot, and my doctor said it was fine and normal, that it was from my digestive track being moved all about! I think ur ok, but it's always wise to ask ur doctor any questions or concerns small or big u may have! That is what ur doctor is there for, the only silly question is the unasked one!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• its probaly from her pushing on something .when i was preg i had a pinched nerve that cused my whole right leg to hurt
    wendyandjeremy

Answer by wendyandjeremy at 5:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Is it on a certain side? I had this pain at the top of my stomache more to the right side.. first few times it didnt hurt, the more it came back the more it hurt each time till eventually i went to the hospital for it and they told me it was just the baby getting situated...so i have the baby and then a few weeks later i was have the pain again but so much worse, it finally got to where i was crying , They did a sonagram on me and found out that i have galstones and have to have my gallbladder removed... They told me that gallstones commonly develope in pregnancies because of all the hormones.
    ChokingDrama

Answer by ChokingDrama at 5:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Your rib cage is expanding. It hurts. The best thing that helped me out was kneeling on the floor and resting my chest, arms and head on an exercise ball.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:36 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thanks everyone for the help! ChokingDrama-- it's not my gallbladder because I've had mine removed also... I woulda thought the same thing though if I seen this question from someone else. But thanks everyone! The pain hasn't went away all day but again the baby is moving just fine. If it keeps up though or gets worse I'm gonna call the doctor... I might call one of the nurses anyway because the office stays open til 8pm tonight anyway. Thanks!
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011