Need an idea for sweet 16 party favors

My daughter is having about 20 girls, going into ny for sweet 16 party and need ideas for favors, nothing crazy or too expensive, and she doesn't want to do frames....please help the party is May 7...yikes

shellie2518

Asked by shellie2518 at 6:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• A luau! We had my daughter's sweet 16 in august, you can do it pretty cheap! I made fruit kabobs, ordered Hawaiian pizzas. You can get really creative with really fun things for them to do at the party. If your interested in ideas, send me a message, i can give you sooo many ideas for a" tight budget!" My daughter and her friends had a blast!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• One of my friends ordered the M&M's you can have customized. She had them print her daughter's name & birthday and bagged them w/ some pastel Hershey's Kisses in cellophane bags. It was adorable, & while the M&M's aren't super cheap, the way she did it made it affordable.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Costume jewelry, overnight bags (buy the canvas bags at a craft store and create a personalized iron on on the computer to commemorate the event). Mani/Pedi kits (baskets w/ polish, buffers, toe wedges, cuticle sticks, etc think dollar tree)
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Love Kimedbs answer. My daughter and her friends would love something like that.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• At 16, it will really depend on what her friends like. You could have a group of girls that can be girls and like the medi-ped kits. You could have a group of girls that are more eco-friendly and don't want things to harm the environment which you could get worms in earth for their garden and groups of seed (I saw it happen, not fibbin). You could have a group of nerds that all ways note pads and pencils that are geeky or you could have a group of artists that want art supplies (mini pain sets are cheap and fun). Or (here I shudder in fear) they could be movie fans and all of them want Twilight (or something equally odd) pictures, magnets and candies.
    Sweet sixteen can be sooo important for a girl. Make sure to ask what her friends are interested in before you go buying stuff. Especially if it ends up meaning that every teen ends up with a different set of favors. It'll all be worth the frustration in the end.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 1:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• mini manicure kits..
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 4:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• no advice sorry
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 4:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• no advice sorry
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 4:55 PM on May. 25, 2011