Is there anyone from Texas who knows where to start if I wanted to start a kindergarten prep class from my home?

My friend and I are looking to start a Pre-k prep class from my home. I already have a classroom set up b/c i use it to teach my own daughter. So , I thought, why not try to start a class for other children. It would be 2 or 4 days a week- but only 2 day a week options- m- thursday-
from 9-1
anyone know if i have to be certified or licensed to have something in my home. It would only be 6 chidren at a time to 2 teachers- the ratio is 6-2

Magin

Asked by Magin at 3:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• I don't know if what you would be doing you would consider "child care", but you should definately check out this webiste. http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care/About_Child_Care_Licensing/ and see if you can contact the state for more information if you don't find what you are looking for. Good luck!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2008