How do you deal with being a mom, going to school and working 30-40 hours a week???

I feel like I don't spend enough time with my son, so I end up playing with him until bedtime, then I stay up half the night to do school work or much needed house cleaning. I feel like if I don't somehow organize my life a little bit better I am going to go crazy. I am always tired.

Levis_Mamma07

Asked by Levis_Mamma07 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• that's why i became a stay at home mom.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Take it easy, first of all. Don't be so hard on yourself! Just think that after the schooling is over, you will have more time and it will all be worth it. Also, just do a little bit of the housework every night. 1 load of laundry. Use paper plates to cut down on dishes. Just do a quick pick up everynight, then save the heavier cleaning for the weekend. Other than that, just letting your child know how much you love them and using the time you do have as "quality" time is enough.
    Its awfully hard for mothers that don't have the luxury of being a stay at home mom. We have to make sacrifices to be able to provide and care for our children. You will get the time, and you will be able to stop being so worn out. And everything you are doing now will be worth it - I promise. Kudos to you for trying to make yourself a better person - and NOT giving up!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! THATS ME! I WORK 48HOURS A WEEK&FEEL THAT IM NOT WITH MY DAUGHTER ENOUGH. WHAT I JUST STARTED IS- I WORK ONLY FOUR DAYS A WEEK@ 12HOUR SHIFTS& AM OFF THREE DAYS A WEEK. THAT MAKES HER HAVE ME ALL TO HERSELF FOR ONE WHOLE DAY A WEEK AND I DONT CLEAN OR DO ANY THING ON THAT DAY BUT SPEND TIME WITH HER. THEN ON WEEKENDS HER FATHER IS HOME WITH US AND WE HAVE FAMILY DAYS, BUT I ALSO DO THE CLEANING ON THAT DAY. IT HAS WORKED OUT OK~I MEAN I GET TO SPEND TIME WITH HER AT LEAST. TRY TO DEVOTE TIME TO YOUR CHILD FOR A DAY OR AS LONG AS YOU CAN, THATS ALL YOU REALLY CAN DO&REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE TRYING AND THAT YOU LOVE THEM& IT WILL ALL COME TOGETHER ONE DAY! YOUR DOING GREAT&KEEP IT UP! SMILES! :) ~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 12:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You shoud check this site out they have a lot of good ideas on helping you get organized. www.flylady.net
    Anonymous