Addison and a concern about the name....need honest answers from alot of you...the more feedback the better!

I like the name Addison, but I worry that my daughter would be bothered by the fact that its also the name of a disease. Would love some opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

AQE

Asked by AQE at 8:36 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Baby Names

• Allot of people in my town named there kids that like its almost ridiculous ! I dont think that it being a name of a disease will bother any one thou!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I love the name and wanted to name my last DD that but DH hated it so we went with Cara instead.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• As a nurse..I think about it every time I hear the name and I cringe. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer..it is just the first thing I think of when I hear the name.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I love the name and I didn't know it was a disease. Also, that name is starting to become popular
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 8:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't think most would associate it with the disease, but I will say the same thing as the PP...In my area, it is way overused. To the point of having multiple Addisons in each class.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think it is a cute name, my friend named her last daughter Addison and she calls her Addi as a nickname.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I did not know it's the name of a disease. My DS has an Addison in his class at school, but she's called Addy most of the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I didn't know it was a disease. There is a town called Addison not far from where I live, that's what I think of.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have heard of addison's but i dont automatically think that when i hear it, i think its a very cute name and like the other posters most addisons are called addy.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• What about Addilynn instead then? or Maddison or just a slight twist of the name to something different (honestly, I didn"t think of the disease first until you said it and I"m sure unless you are in the medical profession, or have it, you won't think of it either. ).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2011