Friends?

I have this friend that got married just because she found out that she was pregnant. How do you know that they are in love if they just got married because of a baby on the way? I wanted to talk to her before she did it but she never called me back or emailed me back. I dont want her to get hurt if her now husband decides family life isnt for him. Do I jsut leave it alone or do I tell her my opinion? Its probably to late to voice how I feel but she is my friend.

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I think she'll be OK. She is an adult that is allowed to make her own decisions & learn from them. I think that getting married for a baby is OK. You just never know...it might work out. Trust me, trying out marriage is worth it for the baby's sake. I did the same thing, we did divorce a few years later. But, i always say that i tried for the sake of my daughter & that made it worth the effort.

I have a friend Tony. He got a girl knocked up that he met at a bar. They only slept together once. The funny thing....they're going on their 20th anniversary just next month. It worked out well for them. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But, i think it's worth the try sometimes.

Arranged marriages actually work out pretty well. They might learn to love each other, you never really know. I say let her be an adult & just support her. Let her make her own choices though.....just be there for her when she needs you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i would just leave it alone and be there if she needs you. You can't really be sure exactly why they got married even if she says it is because she is pregnant. So just be there for her and if something happens and he walks away she is going to need a friend more than someone telling her I told you so.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think no matter what you tell them, they will do what they want.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• id just leave it alone... it might dammage ur friendsship which she will value and rely on if something does happen betweeen them
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Leave it alone,if she wanted your opinion she would have asked for it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• There isn't anything that you can do now, so just leave it alone, and just be supportive of her. most men when their woman gets pregnant feel like they have been trapped in to getting married. They will show resentment eventually.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 8:56 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you're a friend, just be supportive of her. She didn't ask for your opinion and at this point it could cause an end of a friendship.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 10:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2011