IUD?

Ok so ive had the mirena IUD in for a little over a year now, and its been great, but lately ive been getting these gut wrenching pains like cramps or contractions but unlike ANYTHING ive ever felt i literally feel like im being ripped from the inside out. But it's only like once or twice a week for maybe 2 or 3 hours at a time. And during this i bleed. But i havent bled since i had the IUD in. I cant afford a doctors app. until we get insurance i was just wondering if anyone with an IUD has had similar problems or suggestions....

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Health

• I did, and when I checked for my strings, it was misplaced. I could feel the plastic coming through my cervix. Though, I had problems from the beginning and hated it. I'm now on LoestrinFE24, which I LOVE! Hope I helped, and check your strings, girly!
    SugarAndSpiceX3

Answer by SugarAndSpiceX3 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• When I had this happen, I wasnt bleeding but I had bad pains I ended up with cysts on my ovaries and I learned it is a side effect
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008