It has been 6 months since i left him

i feel nothing for him, no love, no hate or bitterness either (yeah!)
have not dated even once
donot feel like even dating, too busy with young child,and not thinking i ever want to put myself out there again - i am older-46, so maybe dating is a thing of the past now for me
BUT
i do feel like i should only to try to find a man who will be there for my daughter (3)
her father is very absent in her life since we broke up

anyone else ever like being single but feels guilt for not having a father in their childs life?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 8:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think that is a good enough reason to date. Yes, if you decide to date, it should be someone who you could see in a father role with your daughter, but to go out and find one, not so much.

Give it a little time. Until then, you can be enough for her.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Oh..hun. Hugs..
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Have you talked to your ex about him being absent in her life? Do you not have a visitation schedule yet?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I felt guilty about my sons dad being gone, But in reality ( and i learned this quickly) If he doesnt want anything to do with the child, its better even if you are raising her alone! I always had alot of guy friends, so my son got to play with guys & they taught him stuff ( like how to pee properly standing up lol). Good luck hun!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I enjoy being single, I do have moments every once in a while where I would like to have some one to talk, but then I think about how it used to be and being told that I was to stupid to have anything worth while to say,I come back to reality and am thankful for being alone.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 9:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• father is not good for her
    we do have support court date a week from today
    we were never marries so i have all rights until he files in court for time, and he has only seen her 4 times in 6 months, so he is not too interested in spending time with her, willsee if he asks for time when we go to court about $, he may want time when he has to pay money (get something for his money PLUS, he knows if he gets time his payment will go down, then i get lawyer and file for full custody and placement (i am not bitter, but know he is not healthy to be alone with her)

she asks for daddy, now says her far away daddy (she has limited speech for her age)
    i have no guy friends, except the occasional father in neighborhood, who she will attach herslef to when playing outside
    have called big brothers, but child needs to be 6 (she is 4 this summer)
    no uncles around for her,

just feel so bad that she has no male in her life at all

fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• GL to you and your daughter.Things will change as she gets older. BTW 46 is not too old to date.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You are still young!!! As soon as you feel up to it, join some community groups or library groups. Maybe a Church group or help out when they have events. Meet some girls at the library play dates and go out & have fun. This is a new beginning for YOU!!! Embrace it!! Someone (a man) will find YOU! Everything always works out for the best for us all in the end. Best wishes! BTW, My MIL started dating again at 70 and got remarried!! If she can do it then Anyone can!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2011