How often should you mop your floor if you have a LO crawling?

My whole house has hardwood or laminate flooring...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Health

• Whenever it needs it. Sometimes my floor needs to be mopped twice a week, sometimes I can go 2 weeks before it needs to be done. It just depends on the season and what's going on in my house.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My opinion probably isn't best because I'm a serious clean freak. I mop atleast once a day. Most of the time twice. My 6 m/o isn't crawling but does scoot around and off the area rugs. Our whole house is hardwood (tile in bathrooms and kitchen). I also have a active 4 y/o and 2 y/o though, so I'm kind of forced to keep it clean. Murphy's Oil Soap works great on Wood floors, and is fairly cheap. It leaves no residue, which I love!
    SugarAndSpiceX3

Answer by SugarAndSpiceX3 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't mop really. I have a steam mop that I use. I don't like to use harsh chemicals on my floors and my kids play on the wood laminate all the time. I do it once a week. In between I spot clean and I have a Swiffer Vac that I use to get the crumbs and stuff up. I don't do well with a broom.

Anonymous

• i usually mop like 2 or more times a week ppls wear there shoes around the place so it needs it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• As much as needs be. A bit of dirt wont hurt your child and in fact will do them some good.

If you are obsess over cleaning you will most likely expose them to much worse things i.e. the chemicals in your cleaning product (unless of course you are using natural alternatives..which I would highly recommend you do!).
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2008