Is it normal for sex to hurt (I am 22 weeks pregnant tomorrow)? adult content

DH use to have sex almost everyday and not going more than 3 days without it unless it was my time of the month, but since I found out I was pregnant we didn't do it much cause for some reason after getting pregnant I wasn't in the mood well now I am starting to get in the mood, but is hurts when we do it. If he is on top or behind it hurts, but not really really bad, but if I am on top it hurts really bad. Is this normal? I don't remember hurting having sex with the other 2 pregnancies. But the baby kicks real low and lays real low so I didn't know if maybe that it is why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never had that experience , you should consult your ob and discuss that matter it could be something else
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 9:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I find sex uncomfortable.. it feels like everything is swollen. I think its normal, but maybe a good question to ask the doctor the next time your there.
    firsttimer338

Answer by firsttimer338 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• the baby can be sitting in a way thats bothering u during sex. i'd discuss it with ur ob but dont be scared. and til then, have sex mroe often but in the positions that are more comfortable for u. make him listen to u! guys suck at that tho.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• sex always gets painful for me halfway thru the 2nd semester. it has to do with all the extra blood flow to the genitals making them swollen. also, your baby laying low could mean he/she is putting more pressure on your pelvis and cervix making it hurt. have you tried using lots of lube? that really helps w/ the swelling. also, have you tried the spoon position on your side? it takes a little work to get it started but w/ you on your side the baby wont be pressing down on you as much. good luck!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• haven't tried the lube, but I have tried him on top, him behind me with me on all 4, me on top and the spoon and all of them hurt, but the one that hurts the worst is when I am on top.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2011