How to make homemade laundry soap PLEASE HELP

I want to make homemade laundry soap what is the cheapest way with basic things that you might have at home?

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 3:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Home & Garden

• you need a bar of soap. borax and washing soda. your can find a recipe if you google it. but if you need to do laundry now and are unable to get those ingrediants... this is what i do... i use dish soap with a little shampoo. the dish soap gets clothes clean and the shampoo adds a fresh scent
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 3:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I use 2 cups of grated soap (zote, fals napeth, or ivory works best)
    1 cup borax
    1 cup washing soda
    mix all together store in an airtight container and use 1-2 tablespoons depending on need of the load.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 3:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• where do you find washing soda?
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 3:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I found my washing soda at Price Cutter. You will probably have to look at a smaller chain store. And it should be in the laundry soap isle. It is NOT baking soda, it must be washing soda. I use the same recipe as little miss mom. I like it alot! I also use it to clean the kitchen floor. Works better than any chemical. The bar soap I use is Fels Naptha.
    Roosbabe

Answer by Roosbabe at 4:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Roosbabe Can you use it on cloth dipes? Does it get them clean and smelling fresh?
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008