Walkers?

Has anyone had good results with a daily walking routine? I feel so unmotivated, I want to start getting in better shape for summer but lose motivation quickly, I feel like I will never see results and that drives me nuts! I need to get MOVING! If I hear some promising results maybe that will help?

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• first thing in the morning, get out and walk 30-45 mins..briskly, to get your heart pumping. grab your ipod/music and go. i use it to veg-out, gawk at the neighbors' yards/landscaping (i mentally plan how to makeover their yards), and clear my head.
    go buy new shoes made for walking..nothing is worse than making yourself walk in old or ill-fitting shoes.
    if your neighborhood isn't designed for steady-paced walking, find a walk-trail at a local park or college. (in summertime, you can use local schools tracks/etc, but not during on-going school hours.)
    i'm a loner; i can't exercise with a buddy without getting distracted. but if you need a buddy, or other people, go to a gym. i will say, the more you walk at a designated walking trail (park), you will meet others who walk daily, too.
    now get out there and pump it!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My mom is a walker and she lost 30 pounds by walking and by watching her diet. While my sister does not walk much she does go to a health club and what motivates her and gets her energized is she takes her ipod with her and has fast, upbeat songs on it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• In order to see results, there has to be consistency and at least 5 or 6 miles a day, you can work to get there gradually, but the more distance you add the more you will see results.

Answer by older at 9:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thanks alot, i dont have time or a sitter for the gym, i love going though! I'm going to try to get some motivation going one way or another!
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My mother when she found out she has diabetes she started walking everyday and was eating veggis and she lost so much weight it was crazy.
    I am just like you I need to get motivated but just not feeling it.
    Good luck and hope you find that motivation you are looking for.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• When I was first diagnosed with diabetes I started doing Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds on top of my regular outdoor walks. In 6 months I lost 50 pounds.....you can always add her workouts into the mix
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Walking is a great costfree way to lose weight and motivate your overall weight loss goals.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011