How often should we leave the house to go out on an activity?

I have a 2, 3, and 6 year old. We go to church on Wednesday and Sunday. When there isn't school like the 2 weeks over Christmas break how often should I be planning on taking them places?

I was thinking the library and maybe the playscape once a week. But for some reason I feel guilty like I should be doing more.

When I was growing up I only remember going on activities a few times a month.

hugginonem

Asked by hugginonem at 3:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• It doesn't necessarily have to be an "activity" so much as getting out of the house. I take my daughter everywhere I go...to the bank, the grocery store, all the other errands...and she just loves being out of the house with her mommy. Besides, over Christmas break, there are going to be parties and visitors so it isn't like they will be bored. I think once or twice a week to do something just for them is plenty.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I try to beat the cabin fever deal with things that you normally cant do in the winter like going for a swim. I know your kids are a bit young but you get the idea. Also dont beat yourself up...the fact that they are small limits what you can do. Play land at Mcdondals etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2008