WHat are some activities or crafts for a 4 yr old?

Crissy9832

Asked by Crissy9832 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Making jewelry

Making flower arrangements.

My daughter loves it
    .
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• finger painting, make a picture frame with Popsicle sticks and let them decorate it, making sock puppets. Anything that challenges them is always good :o)
    kdunker

Answer by kdunker at 9:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Since it's spring, My 5 yo and I were otuside yesterday planting seeds for our garden-to-be. He had a blast with the watering can, and planted some sunflowers of his very own. When they sprout and get a little height to them, We'll transplant in to the ground. He LOVED it. He's also very curious about colors right now, too, so watercolors or some sort of painting would be good. With watercolor pencils you can draw, then give them a few bowls of clean water and some brushes and they'll go to town with it!

Playdough is always a hit, too. Have fun!!
    Laura_Lee

Answer by Laura_Lee at 9:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Familyfun.go.org
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I love watching my son paint on t-shirts...I buy white t-shirts, generally in his size, and he can design his own spiffy tees. I've had him decorate a few larger ones for my parents for Mother's and Father's day.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Play dough, Coloring, side walk calk, alll of which you can do inside or out.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Oh my favorite age! Rice crispy treats,Need them quiet in church,my colorful pipe cleaners did the trick.So many things to do,tour the museums,pick nic,build a bench.bird house or take them to the farmers markets.You have to educate your own on anything that is out there,we would go on nature walks in the yard.Lay in the yard and do cloud pictures,oh we had so much fun.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Cutting out magazine, newspaper, or ad clippings and paste them to paper to make a collage.
    Paint plaster figures or plaster magnets
    String noodle or pony-bead necklaces
    take a nature walk & collect grass, leaves, twigs, baby pine cones, ect. and glue them on paper or in a window box
    craft stick picture frames
    cut out shapes from craft foam for her to glue together to make dolls, door hangers, or coasters
    cut paper towel tubes into chunks and allow her to glue on fabric scraps, bows, ribbon, ect. to make napkin rings
    on a thick paper (like stock paper or thin cardboard) allow her to drip/draw glue lines into any design she chooses, then sprinkle it with sand or glitter to make texture art.

These are just a few ideas to get you started.
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 10:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Splatter art - this one's nice and messy and needs a nice sunny day. Get a roll of butcher paper, or go to Michael's and get a roll of plain white paper. You also need paints in the color of your choosing. Pour the paints in throw-away bowls. Roll out the paper on the grass and weight it down with rocks or something you don't care gets painty. Make sure your child has old clothes on you don't care if they get ruined. You just take handfuls of paint and throw it at the paper in various spots. Keep a bucket of water handy to rinse off hands when they want to switch colors. It's messy but kids love it!
    Anonymous

• Buy wooden picture frames and let them paint or decorate them with different items and textures. Make collague of seasonal items or pictures from a magazine.
    Holland04

Answer by Holland04 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2011