3 1/2 week old stays awake all day

she's only slept for 3 hours since 8 am today and she's still not going down. i've been feeding her the whole time and when i set her down she cries. she only sleeps for 2 hours once she falls asleep... please help, is she ok?

MidniteMochaMom

Asked by MidniteMochaMom at 11:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sure she is new to this world, she will figure it all out. I remember wondering if I would ever sleep again. She is sure pretty!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• she's sleeping normal. she's still at the age where she needs to eat every 2 hours. my 3 month old still won't sleep consistently. just enjoy holding her until she calms down. you might check with your dr about colic. it takes awhile for them to figure things out. just have patience with her and don't expect a schedule for a while
    bttrfly8605

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2008