1 in 5 divorces filed now state Facebook as being a contributing factor - surprised?

MSN has an article today about the rise of divorces citing Facebook as a source of cheating, flirty texts, inappropriate messages. So it's not only connecting people, it's also disconnecting. You believe the statistics cited?

8Tinkerboo8

Asked by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Facebook is just another easy excuse...like affairs, it's a symptom, NOT the problem
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:56 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i actually find it a bit funny that these people would rather get divorsed than give up facebook, just assuming that btw. but i would think that if given my dh and family or a site like facebook, i would choice dh and family. i would have no problem doing so
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If the divorce happened in the first place then it wasnt gonna last anyways, with or without Facebook.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not surprised but its been happening long before FB. My ex cheated on me with someone he met in Yahoo Chat. When it comes down to it it is the person doing the cheating and the fact they are cheaters. People cheated long before the internet, and will now too. I dont blame FB. I blame the cheater.

Answer by gemgem at 10:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I agree with @SabrenaLeigh If someone is going to cheat, its going to happen, even without facebook. I'm not suprised though.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

**************

I wouldn't- the reason for that is that all of my friends are over 500 miles away from me and have been the last 7 or so years. Without FB-I'm sure I would be a depressed alcoholic mess. I'm SO thankful that it came along- I am doing a lot better now that I have that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• * AND I am with most of the previous posters in that facebook is not the problem- the person using it for that purpose is
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Facebook, MySpace, and all those other websites for socialization are a SYMPTOM of the issue in a marriage. They are certainly not the cause of a marriage's downfall. They are simply a tool and it's the user's choice in how they choose to use that tool.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not surprised.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• confusednot surprised!

knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2011