Why do many women suffer from a lack of self respect? adult content

This breaks my heart. Sex was rarely or never talked about in my home, yet somehow I got the message to wait til i was in love to have sex. NO.. I was not perfect at all, however, I NEVER allowed myself to be disrespected in anyway, no one EVER has called me outside my name, put their hands on me or made me do anything that i was not ok with. The first guy I had sex with i loved deeply and felt he loved me too, yes he wanted it before i was ready, but he respected my decision to wait til I was ready! I am the only one of all the girls i grew up with that does not regret "her first time". What happens that gives women so little respect for themselves? Does it happen growing up? I hate to see women have no self worth and I think it's getting worse instead of better. Thank goodness I have no girls, because it scares me to death. However I will make sure my boys never make a woman feel that she needs to sleep with them or give oral sex to prove her love! To all the young girls, and others lacking respect, please value yourself! Let a man love you for YOU not your woo woo or your mouth! And never ever let a man hit you! NEVER!

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• If only young girls could sink this message into there brain ''/ Some think being sexual is going to make the boy stay around or even love her, which isn't the case. Sadly, it turns into heartbreak, and disappointment. Even depression, which I've seen before. I have 2 girls, and I will teach them how to respect themselves, and never let a male overrule them.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Hey, I never regretted anything in my life and at 16 loosing my virginity to the guy I loved made me who I am today. Loosing your virginity young dies not in any way relates to having no self respect.

Answer by older at 9:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• *does*

Answer by older at 9:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I was 17,, I'm not saying it's aboutnlosing it young, I'm saying they don't lose it to the man they love, they lose it to the cute guy that wants it or he won't date them.
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• While I am very glad for your experience and that you do have so much respect for yourself and have found partners that show you respect as well- not all women feel the need to be in love to have sex. I have never been disrespected or abused but I most certainly have not loved every man I have slept with. And I have never felt the need to give oral sex to prove I love someone or just because they like it or want it- that is just a bonus for me. I enjoy it! I enjoy all of my sexual options.

What I'm saying is that there are many ways of having self respect when it comes to sex. I'm glad you have found a path that works for you. Just try not to sound like you are putting others down just because they have done things that you won't. Everyone has their comfort level.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• not all women grew up in a stable house i seen my mom use sex to get what she wants out of men and i thank God it made sex something gross to me lol ive been with 3 men i regret one and ive been married to one of them for 8 years. the mistake one made me learn to be more careful. i never gave sex freely or easily they all waited for a long time besides my dh which i gave in at 2 months i have no clue but look where that road lead to. but i could have easily learned from my mom and abused the gift of sex. when she had "the talk" she told me when you have sex use protection. now im grateful she at least gave me that but come on now thats not what an 11 year old needs to be taught. im teaching my girls try and wait to you married but i understand lifes not like that so im open to wait til you find true love not just the words a man gives but the actions that show you their love.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You could have not said it any more PERFECT!!!!!!!! AMEN
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I am not putting down others because they have not loved every guy they have had sex with, and i even stated that i was not perfect, I did not love a few of the guys i had sex with either however never disrespected myself. The comment is directed to a certain group of women or girls who probably know who they are, and not others like yourself who clearly don't fall into this category. I don't want people that this does not apply to to take it to heart. You know as well as I do that many women have NO SELF RESPECT. I'm asking why? Where do they get that? Home life? Need for acceptance etc? This comment is not meant for everyone. Although thank you for responding so kindly, your comment was very well worded. Thank you
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I've had many sexual partners. I was in love with some and *gasp* NOT in love with others. I've had one night stands and dated more then one guy at a time.

With that said, I'm married to the love of my life. I have self respect and I am proud of my experiences. I don't regret anything, why would I? I am now pregnant with our 2nd daughter and I hope she finds out who she is before she gets married. I want her to be safe and THINK, but I don't necessarily think having multiple partners or having sex when you just want to *uck makes you a less valued person.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thank you for your honesty whitenena, I am sorry you got that from your mom, In many cases that may be what it is.. I guess in my case the lack of sex talk and sex comments etc, made it a none issue and something you just don't do.. I can't say it was the best way to deal with it, but it left me with learning to respect myself and to demand that from others so i guess in an odd way it worked. Thank you for your comment.
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2011