Does anyone know?

Has anyone ever gotten sick the 1st week of a new job? I am home sick and it was to be my 1st today. I started getting sick on Friday and I was to start today. Do I even attempt to put a sick day down as today? Wonder if they will give me a sick day? What a way to start! Real bad bronchitis and I haven't been sick like this for over 10 years. Must be bad stuff going around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't know if I'd try to get out sick on the first day. I think it would look bad. That's just me, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think that if there is anyway to go, do it,, they will see you made the attempt, and will be able to tell you are ill, if not I would get a doctor's note for sure! Why do these things always happen?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have and no sick days! It was horrible, but I survived. I also got majorly sick the morning of an interview!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i doubt theyd give a sick day the first day they might look down on you. id just go in maybe theyd c how sick you are and send u home
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would go in anyway. I save sick time for my daugther

Answer by rkoloms at 4:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011