Do you agree with defunding Planned Parenthood Federation of America?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If you can get into the county health department. Here you have to be on medicaid to go to the County health dept. All of the private doctors around here accept medicaid. I know for me when we made too much to qualify for medicaid but yet not enough to afford private health insurance I went to planned parenthood for birth control. I called the health dept asking for an appointment and the lady suggested I go to planned parenthood for that type of appointment. Maybe if they decrease funding it will force the health dept in our area to accept more patients than just the ones on welfare. But I don't see that happening.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Planned Parenthood is a private organization. A reduction in government grants is not defunding, it's a reduction in grants.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I am fine with the Government not giving them grants. I am sure private donors will pick up the slack. I will be sending them 20k this year more if they need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes. There are County Health departments that offer reduced cost birth control and other services.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Absolutely! They don't need government funding, they are just another greedy liberal group with a left agenda
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, I do.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• They are largely privately funded and when the federal money is removed they will contiue to exist. Just like Sesame Street isn't going to go off the air if NPR is defunded
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• So there wont be a planned parenthood anymore?

No I do not agree with there being none or even giving less funds to this organization. I cant even guess at how many young people they have helped, including myself. When I lived in a teen homeless shelter the place we all went for anything was planned parenthood. If they cut this I am thinking we may see more pregnant young girl & that number is too much as it is in my opinion.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• www.lifesitenews.com

Biased and hardly offering a neutral explanation. Quit making pro-lifers look bad.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• PP gets most of it's money from sources outside of the gov't., and I have no problem at all with not blowing any more of the federal budget on them.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2011