Potty training girls.....

Does anyone have any advice on how to get them started? My lil one isnt quite 2 yet but she takes off her diaper when it is wet or poopy. She loves sitting on the lil potty chair we have and has sat on the big potty a couple times too.

tlvalmom

Asked by tlvalmom at 10:13 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, what I did was just let my dd run around with no diaper on for a few days, and just let her know that every time she had to go, to sit on the potty. We had a few accidents, but she got the hang of it.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Try to give her lots of fluids and then 15 minutes later have her sit on the potty. It won't be long, she'll pick it up quickly.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 1:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Sit her on the potty periodically. Make sure you keep reminding her when she has to peepee or poo to go to the potty and don't forget a potty dance afterwards..lol Good luck to you!!
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 2:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If she's taking that off, I recommend the three-day potty-training method.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 6:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I will try all of these to see what works best with her. We are excited to get her out of diapers. Especially with our 3rd on the way. We just didnt want to force it but she seems very curious and likes sitting on her potty chair.
    tlvalmom

Comment by tlvalmom (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2011