Have you ever had a morning like this? ((Kind of gross))

This morning after putting the girls on the bus, I walked in my house and it smelled kind of poopy LOL... I walked in the front bathroom and seen one of the girls pooped and didnt flush. So, I flushed the toilet and went lie down for a few while my 2 year old was still sleeping. About 30 minutes later I get up and when I walked out of my room it still smelled!! So, I opened the door to my sons room and his bed was covered in poop!! Pillows, blankets, sheets even some on the wall!! AHHHHH!!! Apparently he got sick during the night and his diaper couldnt hold it!! It was a messsssss!!!!!!!! UGH I was hoping I was dreaming LOL I cleaned everything and I still smell it!!

HannahLee87

Asked by HannahLee87 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yup, daily LOL. We're potty training & if summer doesnt make it to her potty she poops in her hand and well hands it to us . UGH! Shes getting better though.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Oh no! My son is only 10 weeks so the only poop we see is either in the nappy or sometimes up his back! Try using a disenfectant like Milton, I use that everywhere! It smells nice too :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 10:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yep all the time LOL
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yuk! What a rough morning you had! If you can, just open windows and spray some Lysol!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• So sorry, I found my DD had take off her diaper at naptime and it was everywhere. Had to scrub the kid & the crib. The smell will go away once it is all cleaned up.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My daughter did this last year on Mother's Day just to let me know how much she cares! Ever since then she has been in Little Keeper Sleepers, I buy them online and they zip and snap in the back, that way she can't get her lil hands in the poop and there is less of a chance for her to be painting murals of poo for me. Littlekeepersleepers.com but if you order them make sure you get a size bigger my daughter is 2 1/2 but still wears 18 months size clothing so I got her a 2T and they are just now getting to be a bit snug.
    damselphish

Answer by damselphish at 2:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Uggh, life could be worse.. I had a similar issue after my son had been induldged with too many fruit snacks in the car--I had just pulled in to Target and was horrified wondering do I bring him in with poop dripping down his leg or make him sit in it for 15 minutes until we get home and pray he doesn't touch it.

As for the poopy smell, if you go through your kitchen and fill a large pot or your tea pot with vanilla, water and cinnamon or lemon, water and whatever herbs in there that are appealing in odor, cilantro, basil, mint and bring it to a rolling boil for quite some time and then walk through the rooms with it it does a lot to get the smell under control.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• it happens to us all at one time or another; you could try using a disinfectant spray in his room and I would check the floor to see if any of it got on there or under the bed. or do the suggestion that hotelmom123 mentioned
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2011