Would you leave your hubby??

If you had an infant son, no $, no job, in college online?? We could live with my parents, and I would have to find a job, b/c I would have a vehicle payment, insurance, cell phone and one credit card bill. My hubby often holds it over my head that he pays my bills, well I'm a stay at home mom..what is a girl to do??

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't stay for financial reasons; stay for love and for the sake of your family. Why are you thinking about leaving? Does he want you to stay? How long have you been married? Have you tried counseling either as a couple or even on your own? I left a 25 yr emotionally abusive marriage. PM me if you ever want to talk. ((HUGS!!))
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 12:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, i'd leave,(depending on your reason of course) but I would plan it out first, get all my ducks in a row so to speak. Never put yourself in a position where you feel trapped. You can always get help from Social Services while you are taking classes. And he would be paying child support. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Why do you want to leave him? Is it just because he is making a big deal about being the provider. Sorry, but that's his job. If that is your only reason, I would wait until I had my degree and then leave him if you still want to. Good luck.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If hes abusive, mean or something or I didnt love him my financial situation wouldnt matter. Id leave.

Answer by gemgem at 10:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It depends on why you want to leave!
    jenn2bowman

Answer by jenn2bowman at 10:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would not stay in a relationshp where I was unhappy, whatever the reason. I refuse to spend my life being miserable and would do whatever it took to get as independent as possible as quickly as possible. Not the most popular stance on CM but mine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You gave no reason to leave.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• How much time before you finish your online class? In my day, men were supposed to support the family. If it's a struggle to make ends meet, maybe you could find a part-time job when he's home to watch the baby. Was it a mutual decision for you to be at home? It's not fair of him to throw it in your face if it was. Tell him the options. You can get the part-time job, wait til you finish the class to find a good job, or quit the class and go to work full time. That would be money down the drain, at least whatever you paid for the class. And, would the job pay for the sitter, gas, work clothes?
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You do what you have to do in order to survive. Hubby or not. If it's so bad you dont want to be with him move out, get a job, make the sacrifices you have to in order to survive on your own.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Many states enforce child support and maintenanceor alimony. It would not be easy change is almost always hard but it sounds like things are hard for you anyways. If you do choose to leave you would be working towards a better life for you and your child.  Is counseling an option?

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2011