After 5 years..

My ex and I broke up about 5 years ago. The love of my life! But we were young and fighting and he cheated..long story short. Lol. I jumped right into a serious relationship, got married, had 1 kid, ect. Now I get treated like crap, and my ex just told me a few weeks ago that he still loves me & would take me back. I've thought about him often over the last 5 years, but just figured I had to get on with my life. Now I find myself, since I talked to him a couple weeks ago, thinking about his constantly..wondering what life would be like ect..what do you think I should do?? The thought of stopping talking to him kills me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• "take you back"??

Why would he take YOU back when HE cheated on you? If he wants you back, it could be because he can't have you now and he knows what he missed out on. Guys do this all the time. I've had it happen to me also.

Don't mess up your marriage though. If you know what you want, go the right route on getting it so you don't hurt people in the process.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:56 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If he cheated, chances are he'll always be a cheat. The real question is, are you prepared to give up your current partner, and start a new life with your child somewhere else? Of course it's flattering when an ex says they still love you, but is he for real? Or is he just trying to mess with your head?
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 10:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• First and foremost, if you're getting treated like crap I certainly wouldn't stay, not for only your sake, but for that childs sake as well.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• The fact that your current relationship is in the state that it is, it makes the ex seem all that much more appealing. Trust me when you are with a person who makes you feel worthless everything and everyone seems to be a better option. Think about if you really want your marriage to be over or if you can and want to try to fix it before deciding what to do in regards to the ex. If you marriage is over then you can consider where to go with the ex or if that is even what you really want. Is it he really mr. right or mr. right now because of how your marriage is?
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Just because he says he wants you back and still loves you doesn't mean he will be accepting of your child and that he won't ever cheat on you again. I would honestly stop talking to him, it is only making your marriage seem worse than it is always having someone whisper exactly what you want you hear. If your current DH is against marriage counseling look for different options on how to improve communication and strengthen your marriage. If that doesn't work I would relly consider leaving DH and going else where.. just remember, your ex is an EX for a reason!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well, I certainly wouldn't stay somewhere where I'm miserable, but I also think it's a horrible idea for you to relationship-hop. If you keep doing that, you're just going to continue the cycle of misery. Give yourself some time to get your head clear and figure out what you really want in a man. THEN you can see where you and the ex stand. Good luck, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't leave someone who treated me like crap to go back to a cheater.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think if you want to leave your dh because your marriage isn't working for you, then you should go. But don't leave him just to go back to a situation that wasn't healthy for you either. Don't jump from one relationship to another, you've already learned that lesson.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011