Parents of twins

How do you lay your LOs down to sleep, when they share a room, and the crying from one keeps the other from going to sleep? My twins are 9 months now and it's really difficult to have to rock to sleep. I really need to let them CIO, but one usually wakes the one that will go to sleep more easily. And please no comments about "should have started it earlier" because it's too late for that.

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 10:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• The only way I can get my boys to sleep (with crying) is to let them share a crib. Nathan can not sleep without being next to his older (by 4 minutes ) brother.
    MaryanneMac

Answer by MaryanneMac at 10:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I sometimes put one of mine down to sleep in the living room, and then when they were both asleep I'd move the one sleeping in the living room to his/her crib. We never did CIO. We would rock them until drowsy and then put them down. If I was on my own I'd sometimes rock them one at a time, and if my husband was home we'd each take one baby.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had to seperate them because I uses the other as a stepping stool to try and climb out!
    Kimedbs

Comment by Kimedbs (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2011