Once a cheater always a cheater??

Just curious if you all believe this or not?? Ive cheated before when I was younger, not sure if I would ever do it again..but am I always going to be a cheater?

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• in my case it's more of the "if he/she cheated on me, they will cheat again" thing. Cheating on someone else could have been done for a number of reasons (they may not have been for good reasons) but I don't think it is fair to hold it over someone's head just because they had an ex who was emotionally disturbed and wouldn't allow the relationship to end until an affair or "cheating" happened.. I don't care who you cheated on in the past, earn my trust and don't be an asshole and break it.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• People DO change, mature and grow up. Values and morals change as we get older, so no.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• That logic is bullshit. By that logic an alcoholic or drug addict can not recover.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't know if I believe that a person can't change their ways. My SO cheated on his first wife (not with me!), and it ended their marriage. He then cheated again with his next SO (not with me!). Now that we are together and have been for a little over a year, we have talked at great lengths about his cheating and he swears and promises those days are over. I am crazy I guess, and I believe him. We want to have children, but its too soon in the relationship for me yet, and I am happy with the way things are right now. He knows that no matter what, children or no children, if he cheats once....I am history. He already went thru that once and honestly doesn't wanna go thru that again. I might have a different perspective in a few years, but for now...this is what I believe!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I do think people can change if they want to, people to grow up and become a different person than they were 10-20 yrs ago!
    jenn2bowman

Answer by jenn2bowman at 11:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't believe that's 100% true!! Although I've never been a cheater, I have forgiven one. And after all we've been through I trust that he won't do it again!!
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 3:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not necessarily true.But I do think that once a cheater...always untrustworthy.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 11:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2011