How to forgive and look forward?

How do you learn to let go of bad feelings you have towards family or friends?

jenn2bowman

Asked by jenn2bowman at 11:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• You have to know and believe that NOTHING is going to change the past. It's GONE! Holding on to hurt feelings and anger is counter productive to growing as an adult. You just decide to forgive and more forward. Life will move on with or without you, so might as well have some control over how you think and or feel.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You just have to move on. You can't change what has happened in the past. No one can. It's already done, and if they apologize, then you should just basically forget about it. I have had a hard time with this in the past as well. Good luck, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I agree w/ vbruno. Ur thoughts and feelings r really the only things u have control of.Believe me I know,and hanging on to the bad or hurtful only hurt YOU..Took me along time to learn this. Am so glad I did,I always felt like was walking on egg shells!
    jpsmom500

Answer by jpsmom500 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thats how I feel, when some one hurts me I want to get mad and I do let them know, but seems like by me telling them I than become the B, I have in the past 5 yrs try to be real careful about what I say and how I say it, this one person just seems to think cuz she is my sis in law she can say or do what she wants, and I have had it!
    jenn2bowman

Comment by jenn2bowman (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Don't have any contact with them. Don't stoop to their level. Don't react when they're trying to bait you into an argument. Don't give them the power to control your feelings.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011