Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

How do you tell your hubby that you think you should be seperated for awhile?

We have had our problems..long story short..I think it would be best if I went and stayed with my folks. I mentioned it to him, how he would feel if I went and stayed there and few days and all he said was no I don't f*ckin think so and no your not f*ckin takin my son from me...i've told him how i feel about being unhappy ect and he never changes or tries to change..he refuses counseling..i feel guilty for wantin to leave but sick of the bs! Any suggestions?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • You should be prepared for the separation to become a divorce. I would exhaust all options before leaving. Although with his attitude it doesn't seem like he's willing to try to make things work. You ultimately must do what is best for you and your child. If you leave, get a custody order immediately since taking your ds is his biggest concern!

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • i'd take my ds and go. immediately.

    Answer by dullscissors at 11:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • Sit down and have a real talk.. I dont mean a screaming match and tell him honestly that you want to take a break and that things aren't working out. it's not like he wont ever see his son again.

    Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • I'd try just one more time to talk to him, all the while planning my move, because with a reply like he gave, change may be hopeless unless he sees what he had once you are gone. Just be sure to work it out so he can see his child. Good luck!

    Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • It sounds like he has issues and if you have tried to talk to him about them and gotten nowhere, counsling might help but he has to want it to work as well. You have to do what is best for you and your kids! Good Luck!

    Answer by jenn2bowman at 11:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • I would be afraid and I would be out of there. If you have to, wait til he goes to work to move out. Get a restraining order. The way he talks to you should scare you. Don't let him take your son anyplace until there is a court order for visitation. My friends ex-sil took the kids for breakfast one day last week and didn't bring them back. They tracked him to CA by the charges on his debit card. Still haven't found him or the kids. He was an abuser. Never wanted to spend time with the kids, just wants to make her miserable.

    Answer by Kimimale at 11:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • I would go weather he liked it or not, your human 2 and have feelings and also gotta do whats best for your son, screw what he thinks he needs to grow up first.

    Answer by Queen1985 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • You should go and with your son. The threats are to control you.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • You've already told him. If you think he's going to give you a hard time and/or prevent you from leaving, do it when he's not around. If you're really scared, get a restraining order.


    Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • Since he wants to keep things the waythat they are it is time to take your DS and go. It won't ever change if you don't try to change it.

    Answer by stitchintime at 3:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011