Do you have a great relationship with your neighbors?

In your neighborhood or area, do you have a lot of dependable people? Can you depend on each other for help, and/or just company?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I have an awesome neighbor. We just moved here about 3 months ago and our families hit it off.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• The one and I have an ongoing joke about me stealing her wind chimes. She can depend on us and we can depend on her. Not the rest. They are prudes.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If I need help I know my neighbors will be here in a hot second. we aren't friends but I know they will be here for me and I for them... I just don't think neighbors make good friends, they start slipping and thinking they can do different things and act differently just because you are now friends.. drives me nuts
    I know you, you know me.. if you need something I am here, wave and smile as we drive by but you aren't my buddy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• They have helped me out a couple of times, as I have them. I don't think it could be called a relationship, more of just neighbors willing to help when called upon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ha ha... I've lived in my house for almost 2 years. A lot of people moved in and out and I was told they thought my house was vacant. Its seems like every 3 months I have a new neighbor.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• in all the neighborhoods I have lived in I would say maybe 3 were like that...and I have moved around 35 times

I have been in this house almost a year and havn't even seen the nighbors with the exception of the one who came to tell me we had left the garage door open one night shortly after moving in- and yesterday it was nice out so people were mowing lawns and washing cars-but no interaction with them or anything
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, but I don't think it really counts since my neighbors are my grandparents.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• haha..well..we moved here in December (crappy weather/etc was the excuse we gave to not seeing anyone out/about) and we still haven't seen much of our neighbors. we know some of them pay for lawncare..and their automatic garage-door openers are in working condition, as we 'catch' it going down as we see their cars pull out of their driveways.
    for the most part, i'd say ''NO''..since we don't know who or what lives on either side of us. oh well, we do know the people on the left have barking dogs that are left inside all day.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My neighbors on one side we are close with. The ones on the other side keep to themselves and are unsociable. We have all invited them to BBQ's and functions and they wont even come to any of them, but you will see them in their yard doing work while we have party's. It's annoying but it's their choice to not be friendly with any of us. More's the pitty for them if someone comes and rob's them as IM the one who would see it happen and I wouldnt know if it was a friend of theirs or not taking things from them. Its their loss.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I do have neighbors that if I had no other choice I could ask for help and they would prob. try to help as best they could, and vice versa. As far as friendship/ hang out types though, all of my neighbors that I"ve met are the types that "over stay" their welcome, and are over every time they see you out, which can be annoying. I do like to interact w/ people, but I also like to sit out on my porch and read or do something w/ my kids outside, w/out them coming over every time and wanting to talk for 2 hours about nothing or about the same old stuff over and over again. lol. And my next door neighbor has only been there a few mo. and is already the can you babysit, can I borrow, will you do this for me... types. I know I sound like a horrible person, and I feel bad, but i've got 4 kids and my days are full, so if I get a moment to myself, I don't ALWAYS wanna share it w/ a neighbor. If they need me, I try to be there though.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011