22 month old

My 22 month old will play by herself and entertain herself for 45mins-1 hour every morning. She plays with her toys/watches a little tv and is quite content. Is this normal behavior or should she need more interaction from me?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she sounds just fine to me

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• She sounds just right!

Answer by RedRowan at 1:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Of all of the mother's I work with, few will say what you did! You are so fortunate to have a child that will play alone for this period. It's an absolutely perfect amount of time! Children need to know that they can entertain themselves and play alone. If she was doing this for hours at a time, it would be a cause for concern but she's just fine! It's wonderful for you knowing that you can count on a period of time to get some things done! You will be grateful as the years go by that she's accomplished this skill!

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Be grateful. Some kids hang on mom so much that they never learn to be self-entertaining. Mom never gets anything done. Both my girls were like yours, thank God. They can think for themselves, are creative. I'm sure she has enough interaction with you during the day. I wouldn't leave the tv on all day, tho. They can get adicted to it real easy. It's not a good babysitter.

Answer by Kimimale at 11:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• As long as she isn't playing by herself all day long, then I think its fine. My 18 month old loves playing alone. I'll try to play with him and he gives me a "Moooom, stop!" face and then walks away to play. He always lets me know when he wants me to play with him.

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2011