What would you think?

Well I went to my sisters an hour away with my son to get away from stress from school & hubby. Well my hubby threw a fit about me going and I went anyways. It's my sister for goodness sake. When I got there, she said that her coworkers were throwing her a party sat night b/c she started a new line, and we could bring my son (obviously I wouldn't drink or stay late) so i said that would be fine. Well I hubby had given me shit about us going out drinking and I said no how could we when I'm brining our son with. well my sis talked our parents into coming up saturday to watch my son for a couple hours so we could both go and have couple drinks..well i didn't tell my hubby since i had told him we didn't plan on goin out & drinkin..figured big deal..well he started texting me at about 9pm and asked what our son was doing, i said playing (not technically lying) then he asked me to send him a pic, so right away i knew he was on to me, just assuming i had lied on purpose to him, so i called my dad to come pick me up, while he called 5 times in 30 minutes, so when i got back I sent him a pic and called him back, then he said well let me talk to him, (basically listen b/c hes only 8 months) what would you think of this??

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• bcausei'mthemom - He is obviously controlling and she didn't even feel like she could tell him and it just happened - I don't think she purposely set out to lie - it just happened. When guys get that I think many women panic and tell a lie because they are scared. - AMBIE is this an accurate statement? Have you given him reason to be this distrusting of you?
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• CONTROL ISSUES. TRUST ISSUES. IMO not a good sign for a healthy happy relationship.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yea- big control issues.. doesnt help that you lied b/c now he'll feel he has teh right to have those control issues... but honestly, he needs to get over it!
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Control. It's one of the signs of an abuser. Heaven forbid he let you have a good time.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You lied to him.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Your dude is a control freak, but I also would have told the truth from the beginning. It's going to cause more problems now that you've lied to him. But, I still think he has issues and needs help to work them out. Perhaps family therapy wouldn't be a bad idea.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Remember that movie Sleeping with the Enemy? Let me ask you ..........are you soup cans labeled? I wouldn't tolerate this shit for one minute. You are an adult my dear - have you ever been untrustworthy to give him cause to act so crazy? Honestly your post gave me creepy chills. Good luck hon - you've got issues with DH.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• He has control issues but by the way you acted I wouldn't blame him. YOu lied to him. How is that ok in any situation??
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well, I find that your dh was unreasonable to not want you to go to your sisters for a visit. Even though you didn't directly lie, you omitted the part you knew he wouldn't like. So on that level you have given him a reason to distrust you. Not because you had a drink with your sister, but you told your dh you wouldn't/didn't. My dh had these types of issues in our early years, he wouldn't tell me anything he thought I wouldn't like. (Drinking, spending too much playing poker) so I eventually doubted everything he said. It's no fun being the "fool". But, you are an adult and should do as you please, just don't try to hide it. That makes you seem untrustworthy.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Controling issues, and trust issues, Does he have a guilty conscience?
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011