My DH left me and my son, What do I do now?(update)

I have $300 to my name. I am still in the house but I don't own it. What do I do? P.S I am SAHM

He left out of no where.I watch children from my home legally. I run a profitable business. It's not alot of money but it is my only source of income. If I end my business he might come home, but if he doesn't i will have given up my ONLY income source. WHat should I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• How long ago did he leave?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Go to your county assistance office and get help from them for now. Then go get a job, anywhere for now. You WILL get through this and you CAN do it.
    Chin up momma, it gets easier!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I agree with TaraRenee but make sure you also contact your child support office or whatever it is called in your state and see what you can do about filing for support asap. I would also contact legal aid in your county as well.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Kill him. lol jk

Sue him for child support and allimony.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Where are your parents? Friends? Is there someone that can help you move? Can you move in with your folks? You need to start making calls to get some help. When you get settled, you can start looking for work.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• dO u HAVE A JOB, FAMILY OR FRIENDS?a CHURCH OR SALVATION ARMY MAY BE ABLE TO HELP U WITH BILS AND HOUSING. dO SOME CHECKING AROUND .LET UR HANDS DO THE WALKING.THERE R PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP U.GOOD LUCK HON AND KEEP UR CHIN UP OK.
    jpsmom500

Answer by jpsmom500 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Been there done that. You dont have many options, my advice would first to see if any family or friends let you stay with them until you can get your own place. Get a job, waiting tables is usually an easy enough job to get and you get cash daily. Save up, and get a place. You can also apply for food stamps and medicaid in the meantime to make sure you can feed your son and yourself. Good luck!

Answer by gemgem at 11:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Take one day at a time, go to the county for help they can get things rolling for ya! I would also get a good atty if you can! Good Luck!
    jenn2bowman

Answer by jenn2bowman at 11:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Call welfare office.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• file for child support asap
    find quickiest way too - make calls, there are ways to get this through quicker than way i did
    i went route of filing on my own through court system ( no lawyer)in december-a week from today is my first court date-this county i live in is that backed up in child support court dates!!!, if i had gone through lawyer would have gotten much earlier court date

call and go to county agency that helps in stuff like this, get food stamps, rental assitance whatever is out there, even if you get a job tomorrow, you will need help getting started with bills until you are on your feet, they also can help with child daycare costs. public support agencies are there for situation just like this-no time to be too proud-you and kids need hand up (it is not hand out)

do you have friends or family around? people always say "what can i do for you" 99% of people MEAN IT! let people help you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2011